Some cookies are a must for our website to function properly. If you turn off essential cookies, it may affect how you experience our site.
The non-essential cookies we use help us understand how you use our website and make improvements to enhance your experience.
My Play Their Way Promise…
On World Children’s Day and beyond, we're encouraging coaches to promise to support children and young people in raising their voices on the issues that matter to them in their sports sessions.
The Play Their Way community is growing by the day, and coaches across the country are continuously striving to ensure that the rights and experiences of children and young people they work with are prioritised.
We can always do more… Let’s ensure that every child is heard, can play and take ownership of their journey in sport.
Their sporting experience, their way!
Why make a promise?
We know that many of you are already putting children's rights at the heart of your sessions, and by sharing your ongoing commitment, you can inspire others to do the same.
We can support more young people in raising their voices by standing together.
How do you promise?
Lucy from Valley's Gymnastics explains why young people's voices should be heard.
If Elena could tell her coach one thing, it'd be "to make sessions more interactive and try different things"
By using the #PlayTheirWayPromise, your commitment will appear from 20th November 2023 on our coaching community Promise Wall below.
I promise to Play Their Way #PlayTheirWayPromise
We’ve also created some social profile graphics which you can use to either replace your profile picture and background, or you can add a frame around your chosen profile picture.
To add a frame around your chosen profile picture on X (Twitter), Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn just follow the guidance below.
- Twitter and Facebook: To add the twibbon at the click of a button directly onto your profiles, visit our #PlayTheirWayPromise microsite.
- Instagram: once you've added the #PlayTheirWayPromise twibbon to your Facebook profile image, just import it by editing your profile photo in the Instagram app and selecting the "Import from Facebook" option.
- LinkedIn: you'll find our photo frame template and the quick and easy steps you need to take to update your profile in the #PlayTheirWayPromise social graphics download below.
- I promise to make sure that I hear from each child in every session #PlayTheirWayPromise
- I promise to ask the children for their feedback on how I coach and act on it in a meaningful way #PlayTheirWayPromise
- I promise to ask children what they would like to do in their session #PlayTheirWayPromise
- I promise to have a dedicated time within each session for young people to choose their next activity #PlayTheirWayPromise
- I promise to create space for children to co-create activities that can be played #PlayTheirWayPromise
- I promise to support children to direct their own activity #PlayTheirWayPromise
- I promise to find out something new about the young people taking part in a session #PlayTheirWayPromise
- I promise to develop individual development plans alongside each participant #PlayTheirWayPromise
- I promise to encourage children’s effort rather than their outcomes #PlayTheirWayPromise
Thank you for joining the movement! Together we can make a difference to the experiences of children and young people in sport and physical activity!
Register for FREE today for exclusive child-first coaching resources and updates.
Ready to become a part of something bigger? Register below to help us kick-start the Play Their Way movement and be welcomed into an inclusive community of coaches committed to putting the rights and motivations of children and young people first, when it comes to coaching them in sport and physical activity.
SHARE THE MOVEMENT
Help spread the word by sharing this website with fellow coaches!